THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE IMPORTANT SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRIOR TO BOOKING.
Take Charge Training
Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before undergoing any training with us, they are there to protect the customer and TCT Bike Training.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in these terms and conditions. We believe that they pass the test of reasonableness.
By booking any tuition or training it is deemed that you have fully read and accepted our terms and conditions.
TRAINING AND TESTING
1. TCT Bike Training and its instructors are authorised by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), to deliver Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) and also pre-test training (DAS).
2. Training and testing at TCT Bike Training is subject to the terms and conditions herein and in any publicity material or correspondence as issued by TCT Bike Training.
3. You must produce a valid UK driving licence with provisional entitlement for motorcycles (photo card licence) and a suitable form of identification (current passport) if you have an old style licence, you must also provide TCT with a valid UK licence check code or print off a valid licence check summery before any training commences.
4. You must have no more than 6 penalty points on your licence within the last 3 years.
5. You must not have been disqualified from driving during the last 3 years.
6. If you have completed your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), you must produce your certificate before you undergo any further training with TCT Bike Training and it must be current (a DL196 not older than two years).
7. If you are using your own machine, you must produce a valid certificate of insurance that covers your use of that vehicle on a road, we will check your vehicle excise licence online and current MOT certificate if your vehicle requires one, and pay to be temporarily added to TCT's fleet policy to cover on road training only, as most standard insurance policies do not cover road training for trainees.
8. The term “working day”, as used in any section below, does not include weekends, public or bank holidays.
9. The trainee is responsible for any fines and endorsements as a result of any road traffic offence committed by them.
10. To be issued with a CBT certificate, the trainee must demonstrate that they are safe to be allowed out on the road on their own. Any trainee who does not achieve the required standard on the day of their CBT will be offered additional training and re-assessed at a later date at additional cost.
1. Full disclosure must be made by the trainee, at the time of booking, if he/she knows of any drug/medical/medication condition (prescription or otherwise) that could impair their riding ability. Failure to disclose any issues that become apparent to TCT Bike Training Instructors will result in the termination of the training. No refund will be issued.
FAILURE TO PRODUCE DOCUMENTS
1. If you fail to produce any of the required documents for a CBT course then training cannot commence. No refund will be issued.
2. If you fail to produce the required documentation to the DVSA examiner on your practical test, you will have the test terminated by the DVSA and the test fee will be lost. The DVSA will not refund a test fee for any reason whatsoever once a test has been named.
INJURIES AND ACCIDENTS
1. At TCT Bike Training, we will do everything within our power to ensure the safety of our trainees but, obviously, riding a motorcycle or scooter (includes moped) carries some risk to the rider. The trainee must understand these risks and agree to undergo training of their own free will.
2. The trainee accepts responsibility for their own actions during the training and any possible injury caused to them during their training.
3. Any trainee that sustains injury during their training will have their training stopped and medical attention will be sought if needed. TCT Bike Training recommends that medical attention is sought in all cases and that injuries are checked by a medical practitioner. However, if the trainee is happy to continue the training it will be at their own discretion.
4. TCT Bike Training reserves the right to terminate training in the event of any trainee riding in a dangerous or negligent manner. This includes on public highways and private property. Any student misusing TCT Bike Training vehicles or equipment will have their training terminated. No refund will be issued.
1. A £90 non-refundable deposit will be required when booking a CBT course the remaining balance will be required on the day of training, or in full if booking online.
2. All course fees are non-refundable should the trainee cancel their session within 7 working days of the training session taking place.
3. A £300.00 non-refundable deposit will be required when booking a full training course with us and the balance must be paid in full on your first day of training, unless other arrangements have been made and accepted by TCT training.
4. All deposits on all courses are non-refundable within 14 working days prior to your start date.
5. Payment to be made to TCT prior to the training start day via bank transfer.
6. TCT Bike Training reserves the right to cancel, amend or re-arrange the date and time of training, giving reasonable notice where possible.
DVSA PRACTICAL MOTORCYCLE TESTS
1. Both A1/A2 and A Direct Access (DAS) licenses are gained after passing the motorcycle theory test before booking your practical training and then through a two-part practical test (Module1 and Module2.) It is a requirement of the DVSA that Module1 is passed before Module2 can be attempted.
2. If Module1 attempt is unsuccessful, three clear working days are required before a further Module1 can be attempt.
3. If Module2 attempt is unsuccessful, ten clear working days are required before a further Module2 can be attempt.
4. TCT Bike Training recommends that the Module1 test and the Module2 test is separated by at least 5 working days, If however, the trainee requires for personal reasons that the Module1 and Module2 be booked either on the same day or within 5 days of each, the trainee understands that if the Module1 test attempt is unsuccessful, the fee for the Module2 test will be lost to the DVSA and any other subsequent tests will be charged at the standard DVSA test rate.
5. If the trainee requires further training for a re-test of either Module1 or Module2, motorcycle hire and daily training fees will apply.
6. If a test is cancelled by the DVSA because of adverse weather, after having been taken to the Test Centre, the session fee will be charged to cover instructor wages, however the test will be rescheduled by the DVSA at no additional DVSA fee.
7. If a test is cancelled by the DVSA because of Industrial Action or an inability on the part of the DVSA to conduct the test, the trainee will be charged the full session fee to cover instructor wages, however the test will be rescheduled by the DVSA at no additional DVSA fee .
CBT courses must be cancelled with no less than 7 working days notice; cancellations must be made during office hours, Monday-Friday (9am – 5pm). Cancellations made after working hours are deemed to have been made the following day, trainees cancelling CBT courses within the 7 working days notice period will forfeit their course fee.
Practical tests booked via TCT Bike Training must be cancelled with no less than fourteen clear working days’ notice. Trainees cancelling practical tests within ten clear working days, will be liable for the full test fee. TCT Bike Training will endeavour to reallocate the test or move the test on to a future date, however, if this cannot be achieved then the full test fee will be forfeit. If a further test is required by the trainee an additional test fee is applicable. Test fees are set by the DVSA.
Any lessons or CBT cancelled within 48 hours of their scheduled start time, on the day of or during a lesson or CBT for whatever reason will incur the full cost of the session fees.
DAMAGE TO VEHICLES OR SAFETY EQUIPMENT
1. Vehicles are motorcycles, mopeds and scooters.
2. Safety equipment includes: Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Over-trousers, Waterproofs, training tabards and radio equipment.
3. TCT Bike Training School trainees are covered by the TCT Bike Training 3rd Party Insurance only.
4. Personal accident insurance is NOT included. You may wish to consult your own insurance broker for this.
5. Like all Insurance policies, TCT Bike Training has an excess to pay in the event of a 3rd Party claim. Currently £500.
6. Accident damage to TCT Bike Training vehicles will be charged. The cost of the damage will be assessed by the relevant motorcycle dealership, or for minor damage by our in house mechanic and the cost of said damage plus any labour costs will be expected within 7 working days of notification. The current maximum charge for damage to our vehicles is £500.00
7. Any repair and/or damage rectification to TCT Bike Training vehicles will be completed by the in house mechanic or any other relevant motorcycle dealership as determined by TCT Bike Training.
8. The motorcycle repairs will be carried out by said dealer or for very minor damage the TCT Bike Training Mechanic. No labour charges will be incurred if the damage is minor and can be dealt with in house.
9. If damage is caused to a helmet then the full cost of the helmet will be required by the student on the day the damage took place. The current charge for a helmet is £140.
10. If damage is caused to any other piece of kit by the trainee during training the cost of repair or replacement will be assessed and the trainee will be required to pay within 7 days of the damage taking place.
11. The full cost of replacements will be required for the loss of keys, by trainees.
12. Quotes for damage to TCT Bike Training vehicles / kit must be paid for by the customer/trainee within 7 days of receiving the quote. Parts ordered for damaged vehicles must be ordered by TCT Bike Training from authorised and known suppliers only. TCT Bike Training will not accept parts ordered by the customer/trainee from unknown sources.
13. The trainee will be liable for the full cost of damage to the motorcycle they have been on, to a maximum of £500. The cost of the damage will be assessed by the in house mechanic or the relevant motorcycle dealership and the cost of the damage, including any labour costs will be expected within 7 working days of notification.
14. Any delay of payment will result in immediate legal action. TCT Bike Training reserves the right to claim for loss of earnings if the vehicle is rendered off road, damages and/or any related legal costs.
15. If an accident occurs involving a 3rd Party claim, the Insurance excess (currently £500) will be required to be paid within 7 days. Any delay of payment will result in legal action. TCT Bike Training reserves the right to claim for loss of earnings if the vehicle is rendered off road, damages and/or any related legal costs.
1. Any trainee using his/her own motorcycle for training must ensure that the vehicle complies with all legal requirements in existence at the time of training and/or testing, proof that the customers/trainees vehicle is legal must be shown to the instructor at the start of each training session.
2. Vehicle road tax must be valid, L plates must be displayed front and rear, and vehicle tyres must be within the legal limits.
3. The maintenance and reliability of the trainees vehicle shall be the trainees sole responsibility.
4. Trainees turning up for training on un-roadworthy vehicles have the option to use one of the TCT Bike Training vehicles (if available) the additional hire fee will be charged at that time, if a vehicle is not available and the lesson has to be cancelled then TCT Bike Training will charge full the session fee as a late notice cancellation.
TCT BIKE TRAINING VEHICLES
1. Trainees using TCT Rider Training vehicles are responsible for the vehicle they are using on the day.
2. The vehicle keys are the responsibility of the trainee using the vehicle. Any key that is lost or damaged by the trainee will result in the trainee being invoiced for a new lock set for the vehicle.
3. TCT Bike Training will endeavour to match trainees with suitable vehicles for all motorcycle courses but in the event that TCT Bike Training is unable to do so, for reasons beyond their control, your training may have to be stopped until The trainee finds a suitable vehicle.
4. TCT Bike Training vehicles are all thoroughly maintained and serviced, however, in the event of a mechanical breakdown TCT Bike Training will endeavour to provide a substitute vehicle. TCT Bike Training is not responsible for any mechanical breakdown of its vehicles.
5. Trainees are NOT permitted to sit on, touch or ride any TCT Bike Training vehicle without the direct permission of a TCT Bike Training Instructor. Trainees are only permitted to use a TCT Bike Training vehicle in the presence of an Instructor. Trainees sitting on, touching or riding a vehicle without the Instructor being present are using the vehicle without TCT Bike Training permission. In this instance all training will be terminated immediately. No refund will be offered.
1. TCT Bike Training will provide the use of some safety equipment, free of charge, unless due to unforeseen circumstances that prevent TCT from being allowed to give out safety clothing such as a global pandemic, for those trainees that require it. All safety equipment is regularly checked to ensure it meets required health and safety requirements. Trainees that require safety equipment will look after all equipment provided and return each item used at the end of each training day.
2. In the event that any equipment is damaged, either by deliberate act or accidental, the trainee will reimburse TCT Bike Training the cost to replace the damaged item.
3. TCT Bike Training has sufficient motorcycle safety helmets and clothing in a variety of sizes to suit most head and body sizes, (BUT NOT ALL). Should a trainee not find a safety helmet or clothing to fit, then the trainee will have to provide their own safety clothing. As a minimum for leg protection, when training trainees should wear denim jeans, be aware it is your responsibility to have, bring and wear the appropriate clothing.
TCT Bike Training does not have any height restrictions for any of its motorcycle courses. However, if a trainee turns up for training and is unable to safely control any class of motorcycle then TCT Bike Training reserves the right to determine a safer option or cancel training on the grounds of safety.
On the first day of training you will be expected to read a number plate from the legally required distance of 20.5m. If vision aids are required to successfully complete the eyesight test, these vision aids must be worn when riding our vehicles. Failure to pass the eyesight test will result in the immediate termination of the trainees training and no refund will be given.
Arriving for training under the influence of alcohol will result in the immediate cancellation of the entire training day. No refund will be given for the days training lost.
DRIVER and VEHICLE STANDARDS AGENCY (DVSA)
Training and testing (as arranged with and conducted by the DVSA) to be at the time, date and place specified. All arrangements with the DVSA are subject to the terms and conditions of that body over which TCT Bike Training has no control.
TCT Bike Training will not tolerate abusive behaviour towards any member of staff, DVSA employee, or any other TCT Bike Training trainee. Any trainee behaving in an abusive or disruptive manner will have their training immediately terminated. They will be asked to leave the premises immediately and any incident may be reported to the police. No refund will be given for any remaining training, most if not all training sessions are recorded on dash/helmet cam.
Gift Vouchers issued by TCT Bike Training are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue. The gift vouchers must be presented upon commencement of the training. No refunds for purchased gift vouchers will be given at any time. The purchaser of the gift voucher is responsible for ensuring the gift voucher recipient has all the necessary documentation required to undertake motorcycle training.
VALUABLES AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
All personal property is left on site at the trainees/customers own risk.
TCT Bike Training reserves the right and at its discretion to refund the course fee in full instead of providing Bike training and/or testing.
TCT Bike Training reserves the right to vary or change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
Each trainee/customer, will be asked to agree to our current terms and conditions.
TCT Bike Training reserves the right to vary or change all training course prices without prior notice.
TCT Bike Training reserves the right to determine riding standards in all respects as criteria for submitting trainees for testing. Such criteria to be in accordance with regulations and guidance as issued by the DVSA.
TCT Bike Training terms and conditions will change in response to market forces. We reserve the right to make any changes necessary to continue to operate effectively in the market place without giving prior notice. Please contact our office by email if you have any questions about our terms and conditions.
It is the responsibility of each trainee to have read and understood a current copy of a DVSA Highway Code, it is also the responsibility of each trainee to turn up on time, at least 15 minuets before the training start time which is 9am prompt! earlier if you want to borrow equipment, failure to turn up on time will most likely result in you not being able to participate in the days training as this could affect the other trainees.
All information passed to TCT Bike Training will be treated as confidential as per Data Protection Act. We only pass your name, email address and phone number on to the MOTORCYCLE INDUSTRY ACCREDITION CENTRE for feedback on TCT Bike trainings as a Company, and is not use for any other reason than Quality Assurance.
Your information will not be shared with any other company or organisation. Certain information that may be seen to be relevant for future liaison with customers may be kept on record. TCT Bike Training may then use this information to distribute marketing material. If you do not wish your details be kept on any kind of record, please make this known at the time of booking. Private information will be disposed of once no longer of use. All data held meets the requirements set down in the Data Protection Act.